Currently, Wechat public accounts are open to registration for free. Wechat public accounts come down to: subscription account, service account, and corporate account. Brief introduction of each is as follows:
Subscription account: It is mainly used for information distribution, similar to a medium. The information distribution frequency: once a day; Either corporate or individual can register a subscription account.Service account: It is mainly used for interaction of service. The information distribution frequency: once a week; Only corporate, organization or enterprise can register a service account.Corporate account: It is used for the corporate itself to communicate with its staff, not for external interaction.
The subscription account is good for marketing and communication. For product promotion, the service account is a plus. For the internal communication, the corporate account is a good option.
Any foreign company that has no registered branches in mainland China is not allowed to register a corporate public account unless the company can provide the required documents including:
the business license of the company in mainland Chinaorganization code certificatecompany full namethe ID proof of the people-in-charge of the companythe contact number of the people-in-chargeproof of the legal bank account
For any Chinese individual, he or she can register a personal public account (subscription account) on Wechat by submitting the following documents:
Applicant’s ID number and ID photo (the applicant should hold his/her ID to shoot a photo and make sure the photo and texts on the ID card must be clear.)Applicant’s mobile phone number (this number is used to receive a verification code during the registration process.)Registration steps:
1. Access to http://weixin.qq.com to register.
2. Enter your email address and set up a password for Wechat platform access. 3. Activate the public account. You will receive a confirmation email sent to your registered email address.4. Check your email and activate your account by clicking on the link.5. Enter your information on the linked webpage and submit your photo. All information should be authentic.6. Enter information about your account. Please note that the account name cannot be changed anymore.
The maximum number of registered accounts:
Registration by ID: The maximum number of accounts: 5Registration by the same mobile phone number: The maximum number of accounts: 5Registration by company: The maximum number of accounts: 50
Note: The registration is only applicable to the residence of mainland China.
If you are a foreign company, which wants to register a public account based on a company entity. You can register on the overseas platform of Wechat. Here you go: http://apply.wechat.com/
Its functions are almost the same with the Wechat platform in Chinese, only a few differences as follows:
1. The platform in English is open to overseas companies including the ones based in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to register a subscription or a service account. No registration charge is needed. Just follow their instructions to complete the registration online.
However, the WeChat accounts within the territory of China cannot listen to the overseas official accounts currently, but the latter can listen to the former; thus, if your company is targeting at Chinese audience, please consider if the Wechat platform in English is a suitable approach.
2. The verification of overseas Wechat account is for free as well, while of domestic Wechat public account, the verification price is RMB300 per year. After verification, the Wechat account platform can be available with more functions including Wechat payment and nine API functions.
3. It normally takes 14 working days to successfully register a Wechat public account on the English platform.
Hopefully, the information above is of your interest and it can help you when you are going to register a public account on Wechat.